Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tasman's Birth

Tasman Lucas Bolton was born on Tuesday, 11/17/09 at 3:08 pm. He weighs 8 pounds 5 ounces, and is 20 ½ inches long. He is perfect. Life is good and we are thrilled to be a family of three.

We arrived at the hospital at 6 am on Tuesday, November 17th, after a fitful night of sleep, nervous and excited. We weren’t sure how long the labor would take. Surprise, surprise, it only took 8 hours! I got an epidural by 11 am the doctor came to deliver the baby just after 2 pm. When the baby arrived, he was immediately placed in my arms. This is the best moment of Cory and my lives. Our baby boy was finally here.

Cory got to bathe the baby within an hour of birth, so he is the bathing expert. Our move to the postpartum section was delayed when I passed out due to blood loss. I don’t remember much, but I managed to scare Cory pretty badly. After several similar episodes, I wasn’t allowed out of bed for several days without help from the nurses. Talk about frustrating! They gave me two bags of liquid iron to jump start my energy level, so I am feeling much better now.
Both sets of grandparents were able to visit several times during our stay. The nurses were amazing, and Cory diapered and took care of Tasman while I was confined to bed. I still got plenty of time with Tas, feeding and cuddling him.

We’ve been home since Thursday evening, and Cory has been working hard to take care of both Tas and me. It was days before he allowed me up to change a diaper. Friends and family have supplied us with wonderful meals and other help. Things are finally settling down and getting into a new rhythm.
Tas is doing well and almost back up to his birth weight. We are very tired, but love having this new little boy to love and care for.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Need more pictures of Tas! He's so cute - and I want to see how he's changed over the last week or so.

Nancy said...

Did you see the link to the right for pictures? It starts out in the hospital, and ends about 4 days after birth. We'll add more recent ones shortly. It is true, he does change every day!

Cory said...

He started growing eyebrows this morning. Wierd. He may have a beard any day now...